Transaction ID:

Caring for Your Child at Home

Posted on April 12, 2019 by Ann

Share with:

Here is some information that may be helpful to you as you care for your child at home.

Should I hire a Foreign Domestic Worker?

Hiring a foreign domestic worker can relieve some stress from taking care of a child with special needs at home.

If you wish to hire a foreign domestic worker, here are two schemes that can help lower the cost:

Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant

The Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Grant provides financial support to families when they hire foreign domestic workers to care for their frail elderly or persons with at least moderate disability.

Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Levy Concession for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Scheme​

The Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) Levy Concession for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) Scheme enables families who employ foreign domestic workers or live in caregiver as full-time caregivers of their loved ones with disabilities to pay a lower monthly foreign worker levy.

Should I go for training?

There are many types of training courses out there. Look for courses that are approved for the Caregiver Training Grant which can be used by both family caregivers and FDWs. Below is a list of such courses:

Should I modify my home?

If you have a child with special needs, it is important to consider adapting or modifying your home so that your home is safer and more accessible for your child. Here are our articles on this topic: